230 Hour Holistic Yoga Teacher Training & Personal Transformation
Certified by Yoga Alliance
September 2018 - May 2019 *FULL
Monthly Weekends (Saturday 8-5, Sunday 9-3) / most Wednesdays 6-9 p.m.
+ Spring Self-Care and Ayurveda Retreat
“Inner freedom is not guided by our efforts;
it comes from seeing what is true.” - Buddha
Yoga Sanctuary’s Holistic Yoga Teacher Training & Personal Transformation program, certified through Yoga Alliance, will guide you to see yourself more clearly and unlock your highest potential as a teacher, as we explore body, mind and heart through a yogic lens. We have created a unique program that values practicality and wisdom in equal measure.
Our holistic approach weaves monthly elemental themes with yogic concepts including asana (physical postures), yoga history, anatomy, pranayama (breath practices), yoga philosophy, Ayurveda and meditation. For example, when studying the Fire element, we will explore the core muscles, heat-building practices, digestive health, ego, will-power, and the energetic aspects of Fire. As we move through the year, we will create an integral relationship between the elements (water, earth, air, etc.) and our lived experience.
As a participant in our program, your development as a whole person is our priority. We will dive into texts like The Four Agreements and the Wisdom of the Enneagram for Svadhyaya (self-study), as well as soak in the ancient wisdom of the Yoga Sutra and the Yamas and Niyamas.
We will learn together through group practice, lecture, discussion, community collaboration, personal inquiry, and mentoring with seasoned teachers. We will laugh, share, sweat, be surprised, and even cook together on our path towards awakening the full potential of the whole self and the teacher within.
OUR INTENTION is that by the end of this 9-month course, you will be:
• further established in your personal yoga practice.
• equipped with tools to find balance through the ever-changing seasons of life.
• prepared to confidently teach yoga that is safe, fun and relational to varied populations.
OUR HOPE is that during our time together, you will get to know yourself on a deeper level—and that this true Self will be welcomed, nourished and empowered to live with steadiness and ease.
• Do you desire to deepen your understanding of yoga practices that can transform your life?
• Would you like to learn practical tools to enhance everyday living, and learn ways to share these tools with others?
• Are you interested in embodying yogic principles by integrating ancient wisdom teachings with relevant science in order to effectively practice and teach yoga?
• Are you a professional seeking to use mindfulness, breath techniques and holistic practices with your clients?
Are you ready to feel more embodied, more empowered, and more fully-integrated in all aspects of your being? We invite you to join our supportive community and begin your journey toward transformation.
We are excited about this program and would love to talk with you. Please be in touch!
Saha navavatu May we together be protected
saha nau bhunaktu May we together be nourished
saha viryam karavavaha May we work together with great energy
tejasvi navadhitamastu May our study together be illuminating and effective
ma vidvisavahai May there be no disharmony among us
Om shanti shanti shanti Om, peace past, peace present, peace future